Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Breathing

I have a pretty busy day today. I don't want to get into details, but I'm taking this time right now to enjoy the sensation of breathing. See, people don't really understand how good breathing feels until they've been in a situation where they can't breathe. What situations am I talking about? I'm talking about anytime you swim underwater, get choked by a hooligan, or your purposely withholding your breath when you're playing a drinking game of - who can hold their breath longer. And after they go through that situation where they couldn't breathe, they forget about how good it feels after a few moments.

But, I've spent a lot of time in hospitals as I have taken my dad back and forth for different medical procedures and surgeries. And, I whenever I would pass by and see other patients there, I often marveled at the ones who carried oxygen tanks on their wheelchairs or laid in bed, hooked up to a respirator. People take breathing for granted. We've taken so many breaths of oxygen throughout our life, we just assume that it will always be there. And it usually is.

So today, I enjoy the sensation of breathing. I pay homage to it. I use it to nourish all of my cells and to relieve any stress that I may have. Wait a minute, I'm the Braz. I don't have stress. Alright, have fun today, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment