Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ganja Gratitude

I had a strange day yesterday. To summarize it real quick, I got offered weed by 3 different people on 3 different occasions. Now, this would be great if I smoked weed. But, I don't. I know that some people who have read my blogs think I do. But, I really don't. Weed doesn't do anything for me. I'm already a chill guy. And I do a lot of meditation, so I already experience different types and levels of consciousness. I have done weed in the past and the only thing it did was make me feel lethargic for a week and make my vocal chords burn. So, I politely declined all 3 offers.

I do feel grateful for the offers, though. In fact, I feel happy whenever I get offered anything because it means that people still like me. And, I like being liked. Being liked is definitely better than not being liked. I remember back in grade school when I told this girl that I liked her. She laughed at me. That would have been a good time to have weed. It would have helped me cope. But, it's cool because I had Super Mario Bros. to get me through.

I do try to find the reason why I got offered weed on 3 separate occasions. Like, I'm trying to figure out what the Universe is trying to tell me. I do this a lot, because, I don't believe that there's such a thing as a completely random event. Everything happens for a reason. For example, that girl back in grade school who didn't like me, I found out about a couple of years ago that she's a lesbian. She didn't even have to potential to like me. And, I let it depress me. If I can go back and talk to my grade school self, I'd tell him not to worry, that there really is more fish in the sea. And, that I should try to go for fish who shave their armpits and don't play softball. So, I thought about it more and more why I got offered weed 3 times. Didn't come to any crazy realizations, but, I've come to the conclusion that I hang out with a lot of pot-heads. Not a negative thing because they're all pretty cool people. I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment