Sunday, July 19, 2009

I like ALL kinds of Music

Something that a lot of people might not know about the Braz, I really like music. I like all kinds of music, from Classical, to Jazz, to Hip Hop, Rock, Blues, even Country. I find it kind of strange how much some people really hate Country music. I'll ask them why, and they usually can't come up with a real reason. In fact, a lot of times, they haven't really listened to any Country Music at all. So, I suspect most of this hatred comes from their dislike of the kinds of people who listen to it. But, I'll tell you straight up, I've met a lot of cool people who also happen to like Country music. In fact, I think I've gotten more free drinks from Country music fans than the fans of other music genres.

Now, I'm not claiming to be a Country music expert. In fact, admittedly, I've only listened to a small amount. But, I've liked most of what I've heard. What I like about Country Music, I enjoy the realness of the Country singer. I listen to a Willie Nelson or an Allison Krauss and I can feel the pain that they've suffered in life just from their voices. The songs tend to be very personal and aren't superficial. I also like the fact that there are a lot of successful Country performers who are average looking. In Country, you don't have to be Bootylicious to make it. I mean, I'm sure it helps, but it seems to be more about how good your music is.

So as you're all starting to learn, the Way of the Braza is about having an open mind. If you've never really given Country music a shot, here's your chance. Here's one of my favorite Youtube clips featuring Willie Nelson and Norah Jones. I know that Norah Jones isn't considered Country, but anytime you're singing a duet with Willie, you automatically become Country.



No comments:

Post a Comment