Friday, September 3, 2010

My Favorite Action Movie

I saw the movie, the Expendables a few weeks back. And, although I did enjoy it, I just can't help compare all action movies to Predator. I liked it because it never promised any kind of sophisticated plot or any of those unnecessary things that a lot of these Academy Award snobs require in their films. The characters didn't have resolve any character flaws or learn some valuable life lesson. It was a movie about killing or else you get killed. It was pure non-stop action.

My favorite scene in the movie was the jungle shoot out scene:



I mean, I laugh every time I watch this scene. I watched the movie at the theater 3 times in the opening week just for this scene. The clip ended early, but after the guys empty their guns, they pan to a view of the jungle and it's completely gone. They destroyed about a few acres of jungle just with their guns. And the funny thing about it was that it seemed like the only reason they stopped was because they ran out of ammo.

The more that I think about the scene, I start to wonder a few things. For instance, when the first guy, Mac, starts shooting into the jungle and the other guys join him, did they know what they were shooting at? I mean, there was no way that they could have known since the Predator was still cloaked. So, the other guys just wanted to shoot guns. The other thing I wonder is why did they all come together to shoot? Isn't that a little dangerous to be all together. They were close enough to each other that a grenade would have killed all of them, end of movie. Of course, I didn't think of all of these questions until about the 20th time I saw this scene because it's such a fun scene.

Look, I make no apologies for liking this movie, but I know I'm not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment